FIELD TECHNICIAN/ INSPECTOR/ PROJECT MONITOR
- Regularly interact and collaborate with OTO team leaders, clients, and contractors to conduct hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, oil/petroleum, chemical, etc.) inspections.
- Perform air monitoring and air clearances for various hazardous materials abatement projects.
- Projects typically occur during work hours but will also include nights and weekends.
- Provide as‐needed written documentation (inspection, visual and air clearance reports) for various projects.
- Must have knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, and state regulations for asbestos and lead‐based paint.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, but also individually with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and perform duties as need with appropriate/as needed personal protective equipment.
- Must maintain and be accountable for industrial hygiene equipment and tools used as part of projects.
- Throughout work shifts, must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. of equipment.
- Must have current driver’s license and clean driving record and be able to provide own transportation and be willing to travel (typically throughout MA, but also other parts of New England).
- High School Diploma or GED (with skills in writing and mathematics)
- 1‐3 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word (and potentially Excel)
- AS or BS in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or related fields;
- OSHA 40‐hour HAZWOPER;
- Current EPA accreditations and state licensed for asbestos (inspector, project monitor) and lead (inspector, risk assessor)
- Good communication skills
Please submit resume and cover letter to Robert Kirchherr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at 413-788-6222